Do you want to help animals by inspiring people to make more compassionate, healthy and sustainable choices through veganism? If so find a good reason to prioritise our next Animal Allies meeting on Sunday Jun 12 at 10:30 am!
Here’s a summary of what we decided to do from the 4th meeting:
– We now have a sixth Essential Agreement: We are brave enough to get out of our comfort zones and try new things.
– At our outreach, we want volunteers to bring their own orange tops + provide badges and temporary tattoos.
– We are now working on 4 background designs: 1) environment 2) moral 3) health 4) future vegan world
– We are starting a documentary outreach where people can host a vegan documentary with their friends and request Animal Allies to come and facilitate discussions
– We’ll do outreach at Pink Dot, Great Singapore Relay and ACRES Anniversary Gala!
– We’re starting work a business guide to help businesses become more vegan-friendly!
– Creating a new guide of how to find vegan pizza
– Starting research into SG’s abbatoir
– Creating a summary of our recent survey of barriers to vegetarianism in SG
– Building donation boxes
– Vegans of Singapore photography project
– We will try to have an educational component of each meeting so everyone learns more about something
If you know of anyone else wanting to join that is committed, please send me their details! A quick reminder on the types of volunteers:
– for those who cannot commit to regular meetings with committees
Animal Lovers provide skills, volunteer time or funds for one-time projects when requested by Animal Allies.
– work in committees
– formed at our monthly meetings
– to organise & execute projects
Animal Allies are key to creating change in Singapore because they make things happen. As such, Animal Allies must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to attend one meeting a month on a Sunday from 10:30 am onward (it’s in a restaurant with great vegan food!)
If you are interested in making a difference, contact email@example.com with the details of what you type of volunteer you can be!
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1612662095727799/