Organised by Vegetarian Society Singapore
Bukit Timah Hike
Bukit Timah Nature Reserve only recently reopened to the public. Let’s scale Singapore’s highest hill and delight in nature’s wonders. Join us on Saturday 19 November for a hike that combines invigorating exercise with a chance to renew acquaintances with some of Singapore oldest residents: the trees of Bukit Timah!
We’ll meet at the Visitors Centre, take the Southview Path to the Cave Path to the Main Road to the Summit (NParks rates this route as being of Moderate difficulty). After congratulatory photos at the Summit, we’ll descend slowly via the main road.
Here are the details:
- 10.00 am – Meet at the Visitors Centre
- 10.15 am – Set off for the Summit
- 11.30 am – Reach the Summit
- 12.00 pm – Return to the Visitors Centre
There are two veg stalls on Level 4 of Beauty World Shopping Centre.
This hilly trail has many steps, which might make it challenging for small children and for adults with joint difficulties. We will divide into two groups:
- Walk-Walk – this group will walk with only brief stops and no explanations of flora and fauna, other than, “Watch out for the monkeys. Don’t let them see anything that might look like food”
- Walk-Talk-Walk – this group will be led by recent NUS Environment Studies graduate Sumitra Thiagarajan. She is a member of VSS’s Animal Allies and the Herpetological Society of Singapore.
Be sure to wear proper footwear and bring insect repellent and lots of water. Also, be prepared for rain.
Click here to register. This is a free event and all are welcome.
Please include your full name and contact number.
Look forward to seeing you at the hike!