We just finished our meeting! Thanks to all the amazing people working to make Singapore healthier, more sustainable and more compassionate! Here are all the things we did over the last 6 weeks – if you want to help, join us! Don’t have time? Support us in other ways. All options athttp://AnimalAllies.sg/
– Jay for getting a letter published in ST
– Roshni for meeting with Hive about a screening of Live and Let Live
– Ying Ying for making our signs printable.
– Serena for updating our Eating Out guide with new fast food chains
– Pauline, Aproop, George, Mike, Katya for being part of VSS Exco at AGM (+ those that came to support)
– Shash for working on loyalty card proposal
– Jay for writing a response to Today Newspaper
– Ambaree & Mike for finishing up new details on the restaurant and business guide
– Jaya, Mike, George, Yeow, Ryza and Aproop for volunteering at Amma event.
– Ben, Jay, and Esha for meeting Health Promotion Board
– Esha, Alex, Mike for working on Hawker survey
– Harsha for working on T-shirt and card designs.
– Roshni and Bianca for continued work on a film screening.
– Rebecca for helping with strategizing newsletter improvements
– Bianca for getting Jane’s Walk registered
– Luke for meeting venue for PlantFit
– Rebecca for reaching out to more organisations to do talks
– Ishete for researching connection between deforestation in Amazon and beef consumption in SG
– Cheryl and Kylie for reaching out to more chains to figure out what is vegan
– Sri Vidya for getting us a table at Amma event + making slides
– George for planning What the Health Screening + Katya, Bianca, Sumi for helping out!
– Zenna for being featured in The Straits Times!
– George, Nur Asia, Varun, Murli, Bianca for the Cowspiracy screening!
– Rebecca for giving a talk to NTU students
– Alex, Victoria, Jony, Desy, Geraldine for organising another trip to the animal sanctuary!
– Yeow, George, Katya, Jatin, Rebecca, Priya, Henrik for volunteering at the Greenfest.
– Katya, Glenn, Pauline & Ryza for working on the starting foundations of the next cookbook
– Ambaree for meeting with HSI and coordinating with them on cage-free eggs
– Huiyi, George, Yeow, Bianca, Huanyan, Denise, Melia for volunteering at Metta Charity festival!
– Katya, Roop, Bianca for helping organise aspects of the Vegan Family Event + those that attended and helped
– George, Ryza, Cherish for doing outreach at Project-Island-A-Hand (PIAH) on Pulau Ubin
– Katherine for designing vertical banners
– George, Shash, Roop, Aproop for hosting an event about labeling vegan at Indian restaurants.
– Aproop for updating the Cruelty Free Guide!
– Kylie for filling in on the last night of EcoMe!
– Lavanya and Serafin for organising trip to St. John’s island to feed cats
– Cherish for keeping the amazing social media team going strong! George – keeping in constant contact with print/media folks & posting in multiple Facebook pages newsworthy articles; Aproop – updating of AASG events calendar listings & creating weekly events graphic; Cherish – maintaining AASG Facebook Page; Qiuying, Zenna & Roshni – AASG Instagram; Ryza – AASG Facebook event livestreaming. And not forgetting the rest of the team for their adhoc assistance and guidance! CheRyza and Mike – AASG Facebook Page
– Alwyn’s continued curating and follow up with our signups from events.
– Alwyn, Harsha, Kylie, Jatin for more Vegans of Singapore!
– Pauline for the March newsletter and Glenn for April!